This is a part time position of 30 hours a week but also may require additional substitute hours.Position Qualifications & Requirements:
· Shall be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma; and meet one of the following options.
1. Have documentation of successful completion of at least 9 credits in Early Childhood Education, including at least one 3 credit course in child growth and development from a regionally accredited college.
2. A minimum of 1500 hours supervised child care experience in a licensed child care program or public or private elementary school, with written recommendation from the center director or school administrator, documentation of at least 3 credits in child development, early childhood or elementary education, or other field of study focused on children awarded by a regionally accredited college or university, and the following:
a. A written plan for completion of at least 6 additional credits in child development, early childhood or elementary education, or other field of study focused on children from a regionally accredited college or university; and
b. Within 12 months of the date the individual begins working as an associate teacher, documentation of qualification as specified in (1) above available for review by the department;
3. A minimum of 1000 hours of supervised childcare experience in a licensed child care program and documentation of successful completion of a 2 year vocational child care course;
4. Current certification as para II educator by the department of education; or
5. Written documentation from or on file with the department that she or he was qualified and employed as an associate teacher on or before the date of the adoption of the licensing rules on 11/6/2017.Position Responsibilities:
· Assist co-teacher in planning and implementing weekly, monthly, and yearly classroom curriculum and activities.
· Strong ability to work effectively and support members of the team.
· Supervise children in care, ensuring safety and respect.
· Clean the classroom daily, following the Center and NH state guidelines.
· Tone keep in the classroom daily, through modeling appropriate behavior and redirection, when necessary.
· Maintain at least 18 hours of professional development, seeking out opportunities when necessary.
· Follow all applicable regulations and procedures regarding health and safety of children.
· Maintain CPR and First Aid certification.
· Participate in parent-teacher conferences, when necessary.
· Attend all open house, curriculum night and other special events.
Mid-State Children's Learning Center
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com