Franconia Children's Center is hiring an Awesome Toddler Associate Teacher for our program. F.FC.C's mission is to change early childhood education and provide the highest standard of learning along with supporting the individual child's social and emotional needs. We have created a positive environment that fosters the development and enjoyment of learning, along with first class childcare. Our philosophy is based on a mixture of teaching methods, creating a program that encompasses a great breadth of knowledge, excitement, and adventure.
Candidate should be dedicated to the positive influence of children, have high energy and provide encouragement to the lives of the children we service.
Implementing lesson plans, maintaining a structured environment and provide excellent care. Our center is very fact paced and busy, but we have a lot of fun and are a super positive team!Position Qualifications & Requirements:
Candidates must have:
- 9 ECE credits (3 in Child Growth and Development)
- 18 years of age
- CPR/FIRST AID CERTIFIED
· Work cooperatively with other staff in a team approach.
· Provide a rich learning environment for young children filled with opportunities for making choices, solving problems and developing positive self-concepts and social skills,
Using developmentally appropriate practices which address the child’s physical, cognative and social emotional growth.
· Keep classroom clean and organized while providing a hazard free environment.
· Make sure there is emergency information for each child in your classroom.
· Teach limitations, problem solving and choice making which does not negatively impact a child’s self esteem
· Assist in the ongoing evaluation procedures needed to assess the developmental levels of the children.
· Demonstrate appropriate strategies for guiding young children’s behavior to maintain an orderly classroom environment.
· Assist in developing a posted daily schedule.
· Ensure all parents are kept informed of daily happenings through charts, communication books, newsletters, and correspondence from Director
· Encourage parents to clock in/out their child(ren) and check their mail pouches
· Inform Director of any concerns, ideas or observations
· Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings.
· Attend and provide written documentation of professional development hours as required by the State of NH licensing regulations through ongoing education training.
· Maintain appropriate communication with Director as to parental, child or teacher concerns.
· Promote and model good hygiene skills.
· Report any suspected abuse to Director.
· Communicate with, and provide excellent customer service to children and families.
· Participate in and follow regulations for monthly fire drills.
· Adheres to all policies of the center including but not limited to Safety, Health, Fire and Personnel.
· Is familiar with, and understands the New Hampshire Child Day Care Program Licensing Rules.
· Respond to the needs of the individual children with respect and sensitivity.
· Creating environments for young children. The Associate Teacher will greet each child and family by name, and assist in the transition both at the beginning and end of the day.
· Maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Other duties as deemed necessary by the Director
Website Franconia Children's Center
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com