Professional Development Requirements
Child Care Licensing requires that all individuals working in a licensed program complete a minimum of 18 hours of training per year.
Water Safety (Not required, unless program is participating in water activities)
Child Care Aware® of New Hampshire provides various professional development training opportunities throughout the school year. These opportunities consist of evening and Saturday trainings, full day Conferences, Directors and Leadership Collaboratives and Special Events, such as the annual Leadership Summit. Professional development training is provided at little to no cost to early childhood providers and is accessible through the NH Professional Registry at https://nhportal.naccrraware.net/nh/. To view our Annual Training Calendar please click here.
Health & Safety Requirements
To work in a license exempt or licensed child care program, all staff must complete training specific to health and safety with the pending licensing and license exempt rules. Child Care Licensing will accept previously taken and documented training by staff. The Health and Safety trainings are required of existing staff and of any new staff hired. New staff must complete the training requirements or show documentation of taking these trainings within 90 days of employment. Additionally, staff working in licensed programs must complete 6 hours of training annually on any of these health and safety topical areas.
All staff will be required to have training on the below topics by September 30, 2017:
- Appropriate Precautions in Transporting Children (Required of all staff working in a program that transports children or accompanies the children in vehicles provided by companies contracted by the program to provide transportation)
- Building and Physical Premise Safety
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning for Emergencies
- First Aid and CPR
- Food and Allergic Reactions
- Handling and Storage of Hazardous Materials and Disposal of Bio Contaminants
- Medication Administration
- Prevention and Immunization
- Prevention of SIDS and use of Safe Sleep Practices (Required, if staff are working in a program licensed to care for children younger than 18 months of age)
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome and Abusive Head Trauma (Required, if staff are working in a program licensed to care for children younger than 18 months of age)
- Child Growth and Development
Trainings can be done in webinar format or face to face, unless noted by licensing that the training must be face to face. To access trainings on these topics, please visit the links below:
To get a start on helping to satisfy these requirements now, please click here.