What is Technical Assistance?
Technical Assistance can be provided by Training and Technical Assistance Specialists through Child Care Aware of NH. Technical Assistance and consultation is provided via the phone/email or onsite. Using a strength-based approach, Specialists focus on improving program quality by working with child care providers on focused and targeted state initiatives. This service can support your program through mentoring and coaching early childhood professionals in a wide variety of early childhood topics.
Benefits of TA
Receiving technical assistance has many benefits to educators and child care programs. Benefits include:
- Establishing clear goals with measurable outcomes
- Establishing clear action steps to reach goals
- Supports guided self-reflection
- Improves program quality
- Increase teacher and professional competency
- Builds relationships between TA Specialist and Teacher/Program
- NAEYC/NACCRRA Glossary
Child Care Aware of NH provides technical assistance on targeted state initiatives. These initiatives are outlined below:
- Business Management Practices
- Developmental Screening/Assessment
- Early Learning Standards
- Emergency Preparedness
- Health and Safety
- Infant and Toddler Care
- NH Early Childhood Professional Development System
- NH Professional Registry
- Shared Services
- Strengthening Families
- Teacher Competency
- Teaching Dual Language Learners
Progressive Training & TA Pilot Program
The Progressive Training and Technical Assistance Pilot Program is an opportunity provided by Child Care Aware of NH for child care programs to participate in focused and facilitated training and technical assistance. This pilot program promotes professionalism and improves program quality. Every year, programs apply and approximately 25 to 30 programs are selected to participate.
- Flyer – Coming Soon!
- Application – Coming Soon!