This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direction for the children in the classroom, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
Position Qualifications & Requirements:
1. Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law (if the state sets requirements. The YMCA should establish minimum qualification standards if the state has
2. At least 18 years of age (The age minimum may be higher depending on state law).
3. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of
4. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
5. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
6. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships
with people from different backgrounds.
7. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.Position Responsibilities:
1. Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
3. Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
4. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
5. Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication
with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
6. Maintains program site and equipment.
7. Maintains required program records.
8. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Website The Keene Family YMCA
The Keene Family YMCA
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org