We are the best early childhood program in the area and we only hire the best. Seeking a qualified Center Director with 5 or more years of childcare center Director experience in a quality child care environment. Don’t even respond to this ad unless you are an overachiever and can prove it. Young or old, if you have the stuff, we’ll know it. We have a great team of very qualified staff. We are looking for an AMAZING, experienced Director to train and coach our current staff to become future Directors and leaders. Lazy, negative people, gossipers, and whiners need not apply. Must be an outstanding communicator and rapport-builder with parents. EXCELLENT wage and benefits!Position Qualifications & Requirements:
- College degree in Early Childhood preferred or a degree in a related field with 24 ECE credits required.
- 2+ years of experience as a Center Director
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid Infant and Child CPR and First Aid.
- Attend 18 or more hours of professional development workshops annually.
- All state licensing regulations for Director criteria current.
- Current, valid Director credential
- Work cooperatively with Owner to incorporate new ideas and standards to increase the quality of care and program structure.
- Maintain confidentiality of staff, families, and children.
- Maintain knowledge and facilitate an adherence to a weekly budget to maintain a thriving and healthy business. (i.e., salaries, USDA food program, etc.)
- Recruit, interview, hire, orientate, supervise, conduct on-going training, evaluate and terminate all teaching staff.
- Conduct monthly staff one-on-one evaluations with written success plans, annual reviews, and recommend staff salaries to the Owner.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings.
- Demonstrate a positive role model to all staff through personal punctuality and reliability conducive to an excellent work ethic.
-Provide a reliable support system to all staff as needed throughout the day as well as have set office hours that are open to all staff for support, guidance, and encouragement.
- Keep current on all new licensing rules and regulations and apply all changes to the center. (The Ark has a zero-tolerance policy in regards to licensing rules and regulations violations).
- Check staff and student attendance through BrightWheel repeatedly and ensure that staff to child ratios is in accordance with state regulations.
- Process, approve or deny employee Schedule Change Request Forms.
- Demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity of young children’s needs by providing a center environment that is conducive to both learning and fun.
- Train staff on/and conduct individualized assessments for all children using BrightWheel and other assessment tools (i.e. Ages and Stages, etc.) on a monthly basis.
- Provide a safe and clean atmosphere for children to participate in accordance to state regulations.
- Evaluate and train staff on the creation of high quality weekly themed lesson plans, review daily activities, and coordinate summer and fall programs.
- Ensure daily staff communication with parents through BrightWheel messages and photos.
- Interact with other staff members in a competent and professional matter.
- Utilize staff, parents and community as a resource for assistance.
- Demonstrate warmth and diplomacy in interactions with parents. Work with parents in the creation of plans of actions for minimizing behaviors in children.
- Supervise staff and immediate train and correct any areas of concern.
- Organize and host workshops and training to increase staff competency standards in cooperation with the Executive Director
- Remain qualified and teach staff workshops for workshop credit a minimum of 4 times per year.
- Organize and host all open houses and the annual preschool graduation.
- Meet and exceed all of The Ark policies for professional development.
- Work in cooperation with the Owner to create The Ark policies, procedures and practices and consistently implement them.
- Be aware of general office functions such as children’s files, parent and staff notes, enrolling children, tours, maintaining payroll, and timecards.
- Be on-site at The Ark a minimum of 37 hours per week to oversee the general program.
- Supervise the USDA program record keeping as well as oversee the implementation of the Food Program, including budgeting, organizing, staffing, and cooking as well as monitoring the quality.
- Maintain current Licensed Plus Credential at all times.
- Review and approve Sick Child Forms as well as ensure that the parent is notified.
- Train all supervisory staff and other interested staff members in being high-qualified, prepared future Directors.
- Oversee that all opening and closing procedures are followed.
- Ensure that the center and the classrooms are clean, safe and orderly at all times, including that the classrooms are set up for the following day as an inviting space for children to enter.
- Ensure that every whiteboard accurately reflects that day's activities to aid in parent communication.
- Exercise the valuable qualities of cooperation, collaboration, and effective communication that are essential as a team member.
- Remain open to relevant feedback and critique.
- Display patience, respect, and enthusiasm in working with children, staff, and parents.
**All items in bold are items that are particularly important in this position.
Website The Ark, Christian Nursery & Learning Center, Inc.
Childcare Center licensed for 125 students 6 wks-12 yrs old
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com