We are the best early childhood program in the area and we only hire the best. Seeking qualified, Lead Teachers with 2 or more years of early education experience in a quality child care environment. Don’t even respond to this ad unless you are an overachiever and can prove it. Young or old, if you have the stuff, we’ll know it. We have a great team so negative people, gossipers, and whiners need not apply. Must be an outstanding communicator and rapport-builder with parents. EXCELLENT wage and benefits!Position Qualifications & Requirements:
- College degree in early childhood preferred, 9 ECE credits required.
- Experience in early childhood development/education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid Infant and Child CPR and First Aid.
- Attend 18 or more hours of professional development workshops annually
- Attend required staff meetings and other after work meetings or events
- Flexible hours within 6:30 am–5:30 pm Monday - Friday
- Demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity of young children’s needs by providing a classroom environment that is conducive to both learning and fun.
- Provide a safe atmosphere for children to participate in.
- Incorporate creativity and good judgment in the planning and presentation of age-appropriate materials, lessons, and activities, staying focused on the curriculum implemented for each classroom.
- Prepare administration-approved, weekly themed lesson plans, actively lead and participate in daily activities.
- Maintain a balance between enjoying children and adeptly handling classroom management with appropriate discipline techniques.
- Interact with other staff members in a competent and professional manner.
- Demonstrate warmth and diplomacy in interactions with parents.
- Provide parents with feedback regarding their child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth through daily correspondence (photos and messages) with parents through BrightWheel as well as attending parent-teacher conferences.
- Conduct monthly student assessments using BrightWheel and other assessment tools (i.e. Ages and Stages, etc.)
- Exhibit flexibility and capability to lead other classes in case of another teacher’s absence.
- Ensure that the center and the classroom are clean and orderly at all times by putting away craft supplies, washing walls, disinfecting toys, and vacuuming daily. Also, make sure that the room is never cluttered or disorderly.
- Wear The Ark issued professional shirt and insure that it is placed in the laundry in a timely manner for weekly pick up.
- Exercise the valuable qualities of cooperation, collaboration and effective communication that are essential as a team member.
- Remain open to relevant feedback and critique.
- Display patience, respect, and enthusiasm in working with children.
Website The Ark, Christian Nursery & Learning Center, Inc.
Childcare Center licensed for 125 students 6 wks-12 yrs old
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com