Southern NH Services is looking for a dynamic teacher for a full-year preschool classroom!
The Teacher has primary responsibility for the overall health and safety of the preschoolers in the program. S/He works as a member of the classroom team in forming trusting relationships with the children and families, developing lesson plans, ongoing assessment, and general classroom management.
Head Start offers:
· Classroom support including available on-site coaching
· Technology to implement curriculum and assessment
· Four training days per year; additional professional development opportunities including workshops or coursework for credit
· Opportunities for Advancement in the field of early childhood education
Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Early Childhood or Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 18 credits in ECE, including at least one 3 credit course in Child Growth and Development
· Health, dental & vision insurance plans
· Retirement program with a 10% employer contribution after 1 year
· Paid vacation, sick leave, & holidays
· Agency Employee Assistance Program
· Staff wellness program
This position is 40 hours/52 weeks per year
Apply online at: http://www.snhs.org/jobs/
Visit our website at www.snhs.org for more locations and opportunities
SNHS is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPosition Qualifications & Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Early Childhood or Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 18 credits in ECE, including at least one 3 credit course in Child Growth and Development.
In the SNHS, Inc. Child Development program, a teacher should expect to:
1. Kneel to address children at eye level.
2. Be able to demonstrate motor activities that may include running, hopping, jumping, dancing, and full body motions.
3. Be able to run after a child in peril.
4. Lift children in emergencies.
5. Nurture children who may need consoling in the case of challenging behaviors.
6. Get on the ground with children in case of fire and help them crawl to safety.
7. Sometimes get kicked or hit accidentally during exuberant play.
Nice to Haves:
· Enthusiasm & Energy!
· Sense of Humor
· Commitment to ongoing learning
· Basic use of technologyPosition Responsibilities:
1. Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment.
2. Develop trusting relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment.
3. Welcome and support families as the primary educator of their child, encouraging the involvement of families and supporting the development of relationships between children and families; provide opportunities for families to participate in the curriculum outside of the classroom.
4. Plan and implement daily learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children
5. Assure completion of teaching responsibilities including, but not limited to:
· Complete developmental and behavioral screenings on each child within 45 days of starting date and continue with on-going observation and assessment procedures throughout enrollment in the program.
· Plan and provide daily classroom activities (both teacher-initiated and child-initiated) geared to meet individual needs and interests of the children.
· Complete 4 family visits per year, scheduling all meetings at the convenience of the family, with the goal of 2 home visits and 2 center visits each year.
Website Southern NH Services
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com