Provide services for infants, toddlers and their families enrolled in the Early Head Start home based program. Plan and carry out weekly home visits with families and provide parent education and referrals to needed services.
- Health, dental & vision insurance plans
- Retirement program with a 10% employer contribution after 1 year
- Paid vacation, sick leave, & holidays
- Agency Employee Assistance Program
- Staff wellness program
This position is 35 hours per week/52 weeks per year.
Apply online at: http://www.snhs.org/jobs/
Visit our website at www.snhs.org for more locations and opportunities
SNHS is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPosition Qualifications & Requirements:
Qualifications: The candidate will have a degree in Child & Family Studies, Human Development, Social Work, or related field with Early Childhood Education coursework and Infant/Toddler experience preferred; Prior experience in case work, community organizations, and working with small groups; Understanding of principles of child health, safety and nutrition, adult learning principles and family dynamics; Ability to communicate and motivate adults; Must have valid New Hampshire driver’s license, carry adequate automobile insurance and be able to provide proof of insurance.
Physical Requirements: In the SNHS, Inc. Child Development Program, a home visitor should expect to:
1. Kneel to address children at eye level.
2. Demonstrate motor activities that may include running, hopping, jumping, dancing, and full body motions.
3. Be able to run after a child in peril.
4. Lift children in emergency situations.
5. Nurture children who may need consoling in the case of challenging behavior.
6. Get on the ground with children in case of fire and help them crawl to safety.
7. Sometimes get kicked and hit during exuberant play.Position Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Build positive and strength based partnerships with parents, within professional boundaries, coaching families in the process of identifying family development goals. Support families in creating and implementing family plans.
2. Conduct weekly, 90 minute home visits with each assigned family and complete appropriate documentation.
3. Act as a family coach, enhancing the role of the family in planning, presenting, and evaluating each home visit and socialization.
4. Plan and carry out group socializations at least two times per month.
5. Provide parent education such as health & safety, nutrition, mental health, disabilities, parenting, and budgeting.
6. Recruitment of families for all program options.
Website Southern NH Services
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org