Assistant Teacher: Hillsborough Child Development Center
Challenge yourself to make a difference in the lives of children!
Are you passionate about early development? Do you want to help children and families reach their potential and have a positive impact on lifelong learning. Southern NH Services Head Start is looking for a dynamic & caring early childhood professional with a strong commitment to providing high quality services. Be part of a team that promotes school readiness and makes a difference in the lives of children.
SNHS provides competitive wages and comprehensive benefits including:
· Free individual health, dental and vision insurance plans
· A 403B retirement plan with a 10% match after one year!
· Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
· Professional development opportunities
Apply online at: http://www.snhs.org/jobs/</b>
Go to www.snhs.org ‘careers’ for more information on programs and locations!
SNHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Qualifications & Requirements:
Assistant Teacher Educational Qualifications: Associate’s Degree in ECE (preferred); Minimum qualification: a High School diploma or G.E.D., 9 credit hours of early childhood college coursework including 3 hours of child growth and development & be willing to pursue a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
In the SNHS, Inc. Child Development program, a teacher should expect to:
1. Kneel to address children at eye level.
2. Be able to demonstrate motor activities that may include running, hopping, jumping, dancing, and full body motions.
3. Be able to run after a child in peril.
4. Lift children in emergencies.
5. Nurture children who may need consoling in the case of challenging behaviors.
6. Get on the ground with children in case of fire and help them crawl to safety.
7. Sometimes get kicked or hit accidentally during exuberant play.Position Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Maintain and support a safe, healthy learning environment. Develop trusting relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment.
Support daily learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children.
Take part in classroom and center team responsibilities including:
· Participate in family style meals.
· Support completion of required classroom paperwork
· Know the health and nutrition conditions of the children in their care.
· Understand and follow Emergency Preparedness Procedures.
· Attend parent meeting as scheduled
· Share in cleaning responsibilities with all of the team members.
· Participate in all Family Engagement initiatives.
· Take part in recruitment efforts as the opportunity presents
· Take part in all center staff meetings & training as scheduled.
Website Southern NH Services
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org