The Head Start Teacher has primary responsibility for the overall health and safety of the children in the program. S/He works as a member of the classroom team in forming trusting relationships with the children and families, developing lesson plans, ongoing assessment, and general classroom management.
Head Start provides:
· Classroom support including available on-site coaching
· Technology to implement curriculum and assessment
· Four training days per year; additional professional development opportunities including workshops or coursework for credit
· Opportunities for Advancement in the field of early childhood education
· Health, dental & vision insurance plans
· Retirement program with a 10% employer contribution after 1 year
· Sick leave, holidays, & paid time off
· Agency Employee Assistance Program
· Staff wellness program
This position is 30 hours per week/39 weeks per year.
Apply online at: http://www.snhs.org/jobs/
Visit our website at www.snhs.org for more locations and opportunities
SNHS is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPosition Qualifications & Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Early Childhood or Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 18 credits in ECE, including at least one 3 credit course in Child Growth and DevelopmentPosition Responsibilities:
1. Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment.
2. Develop trusting relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment.
3. Welcome and support families as the primary educator of their child, encouraging the involvement of families and supporting the development of relationships between children and families; provide opportunities for families to participate in the curriculum outside of the classroom.
4. Plan and implement daily learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children
5. Assure completion of teaching responsibilities including, but not limited to:
· Complete developmental and behavioral screenings on each child within 45 days of starting date and continue with on-going observation and assessment procedures throughout enrollment in the program.
· Plan and provide daily classroom activities (both teacher-initiated and child-initiated) geared to meet individual needs and interests of the children.
· Complete 4 family visits per year, scheduling all meetings at the convenience of the family, with the goal of 2 home visits and 2 center visits each year.
Website Southern NH Services
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com