Small Wonders Child Care and Preschool Program, LLC is a small NH Licensed center based program in the very small northern town of Lisbon, NH. We are seeking applicants who will learn and grow with our program. Seeking a Lead/Associate Teacher or an ECE student who is looking to start in the field while completing their ECE Degree.
Associate/Lead Teacher or an ECE Student
Small Wonders fosters an environment of safety, comfort, and security. Research has shown that children grow and develop best in a home-like atmosphere with educational experiences and loving adults. We promote reassurance and encouragement to help children adjust to the world around them as they grow. In classrooms filled with nurturing teachers, sensory discoveries, and new friends, our approach to learning is designed to help children thrive through age-appropriate and individualized interactions.
Associate Teachers are responsible for assisting the Lead Teachers in developing and implementing age appropriate curriculum. In addition, they must assist the Lead Teachers in maintaining the highest standard of care in an environment that is safe, nurturing and respectful of families and supportive of the children’s physical, emotional, social, and cognitive skills. They must be able to adapt and be flexible and professional in manner and behavior.Position Qualifications & Requirements:
• Must be at least 18 years of age with a high-school diploma or GED.
• A minimum of 9 ECE credits (three in Child Growth and Development) or 1500 hours of supervised experience in a licensed child care program or elementary school with 3 ECE credits and a written and approved plan to obtain 6 additional credits within 12 months of hire or have at least 1000 hours of experience in a licensed child care program or elementary school and a two-year vocational Child Care course.
• Must clear a state and federal background and criminal check.
• Must be able to stand for up to 60% of the day, capable of lifting up to 30 lbs, able to sit on the floor, crouch down, and perform activities with the children including running, jumping, playing, etc.
• Must be able to work a full-time schedule between the hours of 6:30 am and 5:30 pm.
• Must be CPR and First Aid certified or willing to become certified soon after hire. Small Wonders will cover the cost of certification providing the employee remains employed for 1 year from the date of hire.
• Maintain a minimum of 18 credit hours of training per year required by the State of NH. The 18 credit hours of training must include 9.5 hours of health and safety training provided by the State of NH.
Small Wonders offers one week paid vacation during the first full week of July that includes the July 4th holiday after one full year of full-time employment for Small Wonders Child Care and Preschool Program. Aflac insurance is available upon hire date for all new employees. Paid holidays after one year of full-time employment and occasional bonuses based on merit. Free and half price college tuition on ECE classes through the State of NH for candidates who would like to expand their education and are currently employed by our NH Licensed Child Care Program.
• Inspire, guide, and support children ages 6 weeks and up.
• Provide daily support in implementing curriculum
• Adhere to classroom schedules and daily activities
• Maintain classroom space in a clean and orderly fashion
• Assist in observation and documentation
• Observe and discuss with the Lead Teacher and Director any concerns in child behavior or development
• Perform any other responsibilities deemed appropriate by the Lead Teacher or Director
• Attend and participate in staff meetings and center events
• Maintain confidentiality
Website Small Wonders Child Care and Preschool Program, LLC
Small Wonders Child Care and Preschool Program, LLC
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org