Red Oak Montessori School in Franklin is searching for a part time associate for our preschool/ Kindergarten classroom. Candidate must have child development, early childhood or elementary education credits. He/she will need to be able to take direction following the Montessori philosophy, be warm, motivated and passionate teaching young children. Montessori training is a PLUS, but not necessary. Applicants should have good communication skills with students, staff and parents and will be required to pass a criminal background check.
At Red Oak, we follow the tried and true philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. We believe that each child has an intrinsic desire to learn. Our prepared environment encourages children to explore, create and feel pride in all that they do. Children are free to work independently, cooperatively or with a teacher. Our goal is to foster caring, thoughtful self-directed learners. The heart of our school follows in Dr. Montessori’s words: “Help me do it, by myself”.Position Qualifications & Requirements:
- Be 18 years or older
- have a high school diploma or general equivalent diploma
- child development, early childhood or elementary education credits.
- CPR/First Aid are a PLUS to have.
- To be available M-F, 8-3.
- Required to continue professional development.
- Greeting children and helping to transition them into the classroom.
- Guiding children to choosing activities in the classroom.
- Guiding and tone keeping classroom activities.
- Helping with transitions, bathroom trips, outside/inside recess, guiding manners and appropriate behavior at snack and lunch.
- Cleaning lunch room, bathrooms, lobby when needed.
Website Red Oak Montessori School
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org