POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in developing and implementing a program of activities that promotes the social, emotional and physical development of each child enrolled in a group in accordance with mission statement, and Licensing Standards. The duties and responsibilities will be carried out under the direction of the Lead Teacher. Assisting the Lead Teacher in the development of an instructional program by working with students individually or in small/large groups, preparing instructional materials, assisting in implementation of classroom discipline, and conducting planned activities using teacher- designated methods and materials. Some positions may require aptitude and skill in implementing an ongoing program of activities in accordance with mission statement and center objectives.
Position Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum of 9 credits in child development, early childhood, or elementary education, or other field of study focused on children, including at least one 3 credit course in child growth and development, from a regionally accredited college
• Minimum of 6 months-1 year teaching experience.
• Must demonstrate experience and interest in working with young children, parents, and volunteers.
• Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of appropriate practices in early childhood development including working with parents.
• Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with students and staff
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of students and their records
• Ability to work with students who have learning and physical disabilities and/or social behavior problems
• Ability to work effectively in an environment which can be both physically and emotionally fatiguing; perform physically demanding requirements of the job
• Possess knowledge of English language usage, mathematics, and a basic understanding of the developmental areas in which this position is to provide assistance
• Ability to demonstrate standards of moral character and behavior to serve as an effective role model for students
• Must demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
• Must have effective and strong communication skills (orally and written).
• Must demonstrate the ability to work well with young children.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours in order to meet the needs of the program.
• Ability to direct and respond appropriately to students
• Ability to perform physical activities which may include frequent standing, walking, bending, and/or lifting;
• Ability to occasionally assist students with personal hygiene tasks, assist students with injury and/or illness that could result in possible exposure to bodily fluids
• Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
• Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Assist Lead Teacher in maintaining records on each child’s progress and development for the purpose of planning and compliance with licensing Standards.
• Responsible for assisting the teacher with the full implementation of state licensing performance standards, policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of an early childhood development center (6 weeks-6 years of age) including developmentally appropriate practices for a preschool program.
• Participate in staff meetings, center activities, and staff development.
• Assist Lead Teacher in reviewing the progress of each child and developing written plans to promote each child’s growth and development.
• Maintain a well-organized, safe and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
• Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline.
• Assist Lead Teacher in planning and implementing the daily program of activities based on principles of child development and in accordance with the program’s curriculum
• Observe each child daily to assess skills, interests, and needs and use this information to facilitate learning and growth.
• Establish a positive relationship with each child’s family and share information about the child’s day at the Center.
• Assist the teacher in conducting staff/parent conferences where appropriate.
• Assist teacher in the full implementation of IEP’s and inclusion of children with disabilities and special needs.
• Responsible for assisting Center Director and teacher in implementing parent involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• Complete an updated personnel file.
• Act as a friendly ambassador for center
• Follow dress code appropriately.
• Assure that a positive image of center is portrayed at all times
• Serve as mandated reporter to Department of Children and Family Services
Website Nurture & Nature Children's Center
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org