This job is comprised of a wide variety of support activities as per the students I.E.P. (Individual Education Plan) and will involve providing modified instruction/activity under the direction of your immediate supervisor.
Intensive programs include FRIENDS 1,2,3 and 4; PALS, BAS and some ACT students, Elementary PFS, LMS PFS, STEPS. Intensive programs may also include 1-1 assignment to medically fragile/complex students Leep-12 per IEP.
Special Education Director or Designee
(The following are illustrative of the responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive.)
· Provides individual or group instruction as per the I.E.P*., assists students with acquisition of skills in the understanding of functional or academic subject matter, and assists students with the development of self-sufficiency skills.
· Following instructions directed by immediate supervisor may assist with communication skills, physical or occupational therapy.
· May be required to assist students with physical and medical needs, and with transporting students with disabilities; may be required to perform physical tasks such as lifting, moving, and assisting disabled students in activities of daily living (ADL).
· You need to be aware/or have knowledge of the SPED students you are responsible for by reading/or obtaining information from their I.E.P.
· You are required to fill out the necessary documentation for your position in a timely manner (i.e., time sheets, Medicare forms, daily student logs, etc.).
· Maintains close liaison with case managers, related service providers, regular classroom teachers, special education teachers and support professionals in order to facilitate the students I.E.P., development and to identify problems.
· Knowledge of the behavior patterns, needs, problems, and abilities of students.
· Ability to carry out assignments in effective support of the I.E.P.
· Ability or work independently and to handle unpredictable situations arising from a student’s special needs.
· Ability to maintain the confidentiality of student information.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty and parents, and to work as a cooperative member of an interdisciplinary team.
· Knowledge or ability to learn to operate audio/visual equipment (overhead projectors, VCR, etc.) and standard office equipment (copier, computer, computer software.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and to work as a cooperative member of an interdisciplinary team.
· Ability to work within the ADA guidelines for your position.
· Knowledge of lock down procedures, fire drills, emergency backpacks to insure a safe school environment.
*Instruction is defined as carrying out planned programming from certified staff (ex: trials, re-teaching, review, implementing testing accommodations)Position Qualifications & Requirements:
District provided training in the areas of:
§ Program 101 (FERPA, confidentiality, ADLs, Prompting and Fading)
§ Physical Management (CPI)
§ Behavior Functions
§ Toileting and Lifting
§ Augmentative Communication
§ ABA/data collection
§ Sensory Integration and Diets
§ Social Skills (Zones, Social Thinking)
· Elementary – Middle School Assistant: High School graduate and/or a GED plus 1 year in an educational setting.
· High School Assistant: High School Graduate and some college courses or equivalent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
190 days per year. Refer to the contract between the Londonderry School Board and the Support Staff Union for additional information.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of Professional Personnel and Union Agreement.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
Typically sitting at a desk or table.
Intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping.
Typically standing or walking.
Lifting light objects (less than 25 pounds).
Lifting heavy objects (more than 25 pounds).
Work is typically performed in an office.
Work is typically performed outdoors.
Work is performed in a noisy place.
Work exposes me to machinery and its moving parts.
Work is performed outdoors regardless of the weather.
Work requires being in high places or working with dangerous machinery and sharp tools.
DEFINITION OF DURATION OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
(N) NOT REQUIRED
(R) RARELY Activity exists up to 1/8 of the time on the job.
(O) OCCASIONALLY Activity exists up to 1/3 of the time on the job.
(F) FREQUENTLY Activity exists up to 2/3 of the time on the job.
(C) CONSTANTLY Activity exists over 2/3 of the time on the job.
Lift up to 10 lb. N R O F C Twisting N R O F C
Lift 11 to 25 lb. N R O F C Bending N R O F C
Lift 26 to 50 lb. N R O F C Crawling N R O F C
Lift over 50 lb. N R O F C Squatting N R O F C
Kneeling N R O F C
Carry up to 10 lb. N R O F C Crouching N R O F C
Carry 11 to 25 lb. N R O F C Climbing N R O F C
Carry 26 to 50 lb. N R O F C Balancing N R O F C
Carry over 50 lb. N R O F C
Reach above shoulder height N R O F C
Reach at shoulder height N R O F C
Reach below shoulder height N R O F C
Push/Pull N R O F C
Grasping N R O F C
Handling N R O F C
Torqueing N R O F CPosition Responsibilities:
Website Londonderry School District
Giving wings to children's dreams.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org