General Position Description:
The Associate Teacher supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. They must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents. Associate Teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on the NH Early Learning Standards, as well as children’s interests and needs under the direction of the Lead Teacher and the Director.Position Qualifications & Requirements:
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
· Minimum of 1000 hours professional child care experience.
· High energy.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
· An understanding of child development.
· Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older
· Must clear full background check.
· Must pass health screening.
· Is responsible for maintaining eighteen hours of training/workshops yearly.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Have at least 9 credits in ECE, 3 of which must be child growth and development.
· Must regularly lift 35-50lbs; must be able to maintain walking, standing, twisting, kneeling, crouching, reading and bending.
· Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
· Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
· Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
· Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
· Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
· Follow all center policies and state regulations.
· Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children. When working in the Caviar room, children sleeping in cribs must be within sight and sound of staff at all times. Staff members supervising in crib room should not leave to change diapers or for any other reason without first asking for a replacement.
· Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Website Little Frogs and Polliwogs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org