We offer paid training and professional development, health insurance, generous earned time off package and many cost saving benefits.
We are a well-established childcare center in Portsmouth, NH. We have been providing high quality early childhood education and care to the children of the Seacoast area since 1992.
Little Blessing is warm, welcoming, family orientated facility that is well known for its child centered play-based curriculum.
Many of our staff have been at Little Blessings for over 10 years.
We believe that high-quality play-based early childhood education is the building block for healthy child development.
Our staff are trained on best practices and create curriculum based on the importance of learning through play.
We offer a competitive pay scale.
We also offer health insurance and a 403B retirement matched plan
(1) A minimum of 9 credits in child development, early childhood, or elementary education, or other field of study focused on children, including at least one 3 credit course in child growth and development, from a regionally accredited college;
(2) A minimum of 1500 hours of supervised child care experience in a licensed child care program or public or private elementary school, with written recommendation from the center director or school administrator, documentation of at least 3 credits in child development, early childhood or elementary education, or other field of study focused on children awarded by a regionally accredited college or university, and the following: a. A written plan for completion of at least 6 additional credits in child development, early childhood or elementary education, or other field of study focused on children from a regionally accredited college or university; and b. Within 12 months of the date the individual begins working as an associate teacher, documentation of qualification as specified in (1) above available for review by the department;
(3) A minimum of 1000 hours of supervised child care experience in a licensed child care program and documentation of successful completion of a 2-year vocational child care course;
(4) Current certification as para II educator by the department of education
(5) Salary is based on education and experience
Experience working in the early childhood education field
Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice
At least 3 credits in child growth and development from a regionally accredited college or university
Applicant must be able to work the 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM shiftPosition Responsibilities:
As an early childhood educator, you are responsible for providing safe and developmentally appropriate programs that are aligned with all state regulations. Your job duties will include but are not limited to: Adapting daily routines to meet the interest and needs of the individual child and the group, creating a welcoming environment for children and their families, meeting the educational, physical, and emotional needs of the children in your care, daily communication with families, working with a team of teachers and co-workers to create and implement daily activities.
Website Little Blessings Child Care Center
Early Childhood Educators
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com