Girls Inc. is looking for a substitute preschool co-teacher to fill in for maternity leave in a mixed age preschool classroom beginning 1-2 weeks prior to October 17, 2018.Position Qualifications & Requirements:
Must be at least 21 years of age, have a minimum of 1,000 hours experience working with children in a licensed child care program, and have a minimum of 18 credits in early childhood education from a regionally accredited college or university, including at least 3 credits child growth and development.Position Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment. Develop trusting relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment; encourage the involvement of families and support the development of relationships between children and families.
- Plan and implement learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of language and increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and science, their problem solving abilities and their approaches to learning.
- Welcome and support parents as the primary educator of their child; provide opportunities for families to participate in the curriculum outside of the classroom (i.e. home-school connections); encourage family engagement in the classroom and program through volunteering, curriculum development and planning.
- Provide positive guidance for children, following Burke Street Early Learning Center’s Behavior Management Policy.
- Relate professionally and tactfully with all program participants and co-workers; maintain positive interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Build partnerships with families within professional boundaries, communicating program policies and procedures.
- Provide daily classroom activities (both teacher-initiated and child-initiated) geared to meet individual needs and interests of the children.
- Maintain required classroom paperwork (i.e. lesson plans, bleach logs, meal tallies and attendance).
- Coordinate with community members to provide onsite field trips and guest speakers.
- Attend parent meeting as scheduled and participate in the presentations of classroom learning centers.
- Share in cleaning responsibilities with all of the team members.
- Take part in all center staff meetings & training as scheduled.
- Maintain a professional and positive image as a representative of the program at all times.
Website Girls Inc. of New Hampshire
Inspiring all girls to be strong, smart and bold.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org