We're currently accepting applications for qualified infant, toddler, and preschool teachers at our Plaistow YMCA!Position Qualifications & Requirements:
Have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a related field with a minimum of 6 courses in ECE/Child Development (one of which must be Child Growth and Development). Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred.Position Responsibilities:
1. Support the mission and philosophy of the YMCA. Work in partnership with families without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
2. Demonstrate the highest standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
3. Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment. Develop trusting relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment; encourage the involvement of families and support the development of relationships between children and families.
4. Plan and implement daily learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of language and increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and science, their problem solving abilities and their approaches to learning.
5. Welcome and support families as the primary educator of their child.
6. Provide positive guidance for children
7. Complete not less than 18 hours of professional development annually to meet NH State Licensing Requirements.
8. Relate professionally and tactfully with all program participants and co-workers; maintain positive interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team. Build partnerships with families within professional boundaries, communicating program policies and procedures.
Website Early Learning Center
Early Learning Center
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com