Dartmouth College Child Care Center As a member of a teaching team, the Teacher works under the direction of the Lead Teacher in meeting the care, developmental and educational needs for a group of children. Works with all staff to create a warm, caring, and safe environment for the care of young children. Participates in planning and implementing the curriculum, guiding children’s behavior, communicating with parents, recording children’s developmental progress, and supervising part-time staff. Assumes role of Lead teacher in his/her absence.Position Qualifications & Requirements:
• Maintains pediatric First Aid/CPR training certification.
• Maintains NH Early Childhood Credential.
• High school graduate with college level courses in Early Childhood Education.
• 9 college credits in Early Childhood Education, including 3 college credits in Child Growth and Development.
• Associate’s degree in Childhood Education preferred.
• Eligible for NH certification as a Child Care Provider
• Two plus years of experience in early childhood settings.
• Completion of required training including training in universal precautions, water safety training and fire safety.
Skills and Knowledge
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in relation to pre-school children and their parents.
• Understanding of child development needs and how they may be appropriately met.
• Warm, friendly demeanor.
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible work Schedule.
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
• Must be in good physical and mental health and must have the physical capability to move quickly to supervise children, lift, carry and physically assist children, sit on the floor and child-sized furniture, see and hear at a distance and close range.
Curriculum and Teaching
• Assists with well-rounded classroom curriculum planning and child assessment.
• Helps develop a comprehensive curriculum promoting a program which focuses on the physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth of children.
• Collaborates in planning curriculum based on the needs and interests and individual development of children.
• Articulates program goals and selects activities which lead to achieving those goals.
• Interacts with children during activities to support learning and provides materials and ideas to extend play.
• Observes, assesses and records children’s skills and maintains records on children’s progress.
• Participates in arranging special events including field trips and visitors.
• Assists in the creation and maintenance of an attractive and well-organized classroom, assuring arrangements are functional for children’s use and encourage creativity and exploration.
• Assists with transitions from home to school, maintains awareness of the whereabouts of each child, and works with the team to manage individual children’s behavior.
• With the teaching team, establishes behavior guidelines and follows through with appropriate expectations for children’s behavior.
• Converses with children, appreciating their individuality. Enables children to resolve their own conflicts. Assists children in managing their feelings positively.
• Verifies individuals other than parents/guardians are authorized to escort children.
• Ensures that children are signed in and out.
Health and Safety
• Ensures the safety and well-being of children at all times, implements the health policies of the Center, including good hygiene including hand washing, toileting and diapering procedures.
• Reports accidents and injuries to parents and to the Director, and administers first aid as needed.
• Ensures children are dressed appropriately for health and safety.
• Dispenses and stores medications in accordance with Center policies.
• Coordinates meal and snack preparation, ensuring children have adequate nutritious food.
• Models good eating habits and manners and promotes a relaxing mealtime environment.
• Communicates with families to share information about daily activities. Provides suggestions in response to families’ requests or concerns.
• Maintains confidentiality of information about children and families.
• Participates in conducting regular family conferences.
• Communicates through bulletin boards, newsletters and written notes and other means.
• Helps arrange events and activities for children and families.
• Helps supervise temporary staff and volunteers.
• Participates in regular team meetings.
• Collaborates with other classrooms on activities and events.
• Assists in maintaining shared spaces.
• Participates in standing and ad-hoc center committees.
• Pursues on-going professional development.
• Provides assistance to other classrooms as necessary.
• Participates in the maintenance of equipment and supplies and informs the Lead Teacher of needs.
• Works with other staff members on center development to resolve center issues.
Apply at jobs.dartmouth.edu
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Website Dartmouth College
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com