As a member of a teaching team, the Teacher works under the direction of the Lead Teacher in meeting the care, developmental and educational needs for a group of children. Works with all staff to create a warm, caring, and safe environment for the care of young children. Participates in planning and implementing the curriculum, guiding children's behavior, communicating with parents, recording children's developmental progress and supervising part-time staff. Assumes role of Lead teacher in his/her absence. All teaching staff know and use ethical guidelines in their conduct as members of the early childhood profession.Position Qualifications & Requirements:
Must have ONE of the Following:
Associate Degree in Early Childhood or human/child development from a US department of Education accredited institution,
CURRENT Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential from the Council for Professional Recognition,
A child care certificate from the Community College of Vermont and two years (4,000 hours) successful experience with groups of young children
Successful completion (c- or better) of four higher-education courses (min 12 credits) in Early Childhood or child development and three years (6,000 hrs.) of successful experience with groups of children
A certificate of Completion from the Registered Child Care Apprenticeship Program
Designation by VT Northern Lights Career Development Center as achieving Level II or III
At the discretion of the director, someone with early childhood experience and an AA or a Bachelors degree in an unrelated field can fill this position with a timeline for further education in place.
Curriculum and Teaching
· Assists with well-rounded classroom curriculum planning and child assessment.
· Helps develop a comprehensive curriculum promoting a program that focuses on the physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth of children.
· Collaborates in planning curriculum based on the needs and interests and individual development of children.
· Articulates program goals and selects activities that lead to achieving those goals.
· Observes, assesses and records children's skills and maintains records on children's progress and uses this information to plan and modify the curriculum.
· Supports and challenges children's learning during interactions or activities that are teacher initiated or child initiated and provides materials and ideas to extend play.
· Participates in arranging special events including field trips and visitors.
Website Child Care Center in Norwich
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org