BVS, a Reggio inspired Early Enrichment Center is looking for a phenomenal Preschool teacher to join our wonderful team. Our program values the natural world so candidates can expect to enjoy outside time, natural items within the classroom, and a home feeling to our center. We can serve up to 43 children, and value our partnerships with our families as well as the community.
Our Preschool program runs from 7:00 am-5:00 pm, so staff will be scheduled 40 hours per week. The ideal candidate will be available to work 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday-Friday. We are looking for someone to help foster a child-centered curriculum, model appropriate interactions & caring relationships, and help children to grow and thrive. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in Early Childhood Education, will be (or be able) to be Teacher Qualified, respects and understands that families play a critical role in our program, and value a nature inspired philosophy.Position Qualifications & Requirements:
· Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience.
· High energy.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
· A strong understanding of child development.
· Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
· Must clear full background check.
· Must pass health screening.
· Must be able to lift 35 pounds
· Must be able to sit/ stand for periods of timePosition Responsibilities:
· Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
· Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
· Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
· Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
· Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
· Follow all center policies and state regulations.
· Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Barrington Village Early Enrichment Center
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org